Feet become rough, dull and unhealthy with the daily wear and tear. .
For that you need to rejuvenate it from time to time.
A pedicure at a salon is costly and also time-consuming.
So for all the beauties who want to keep their feet healthy ,here are some simple methods to keep your feet healthy.
Most of the products are home-made and also I suggest you some
products you can buy at shops for those who want to invest on a set for pedicure.
Lets Begin . .
You will Need:
1. Warm water and milk (5:1 ratio) -this is the foot soak . .Alternatively you can invest in a foot soak from Avon-Refreshing Footworks Foot Soak
2. Mix 2 tablespoon sugar granules to half-cup olive oil/castor oil/ coconut oil . . This is the foot scrub-alternatively you can use Vedic Line Foot Scrub
3. Mix one lemon juice with one tablespoon rose water and cucumber juice . .Also a mixture of honey and lemon juice will work equally well . . Products I would suggest are VLCC Pedicure sets . . If you buy the sets then you will not need to buy the soak and scrub separately.
4. You need a foot cream . .For it you will need to buy a good foot cream . If you have cracked heels and dry skin buy Avon Footworks Craacked Heel Cream or Vedic Line Foot Massage Cream.
Now We Start:
- Remove all traces of nail polish and shape your nails.
- Soak Your Feet in the foot soak mentioned above or use the Avon Foot soak by using a cap full in a tub of warm water. Soak for 10-15 minutes . . Relax . Read a book or listen to a song. No worries and tensions now.
- Lightly dry your feet with towel and then apply the home-made scrub or the Vedic Line Scrub on the feet and use hands to massage gently. Stroke and circular moves to exfoliate the dead skin from your feet. Use a pumice stone or foot file to gently do away with rough skin on the heels.Now do this for 5-10 min then wash off and pat dry. Use a cuticle and nail cream like Vedic Line Cuticle and Nail Cream to soften the cuticles. Leave on for 5 min. After scrubbing is complete remove the nail cream and use your cuticle pusher to push the cuticles and shape your nails.
- Now apply the foot pack. This is a de-tan pack so it will lighten the tanning on your feet. Apply the pack either with hands or a brush . Then leave the pack to dry for 10-15 mins. Wash off and dry feet.
- Now moisturise your feet using the foot massage cream. apply it generously over your heel and till ankles .Cover all of your feet and if necessary cover it with foil or a hot towel. Leave it on for 15 mins.
- Wash feet and now apply a base coat on nails. Then apply your favourite nail colour. Try some nail art, or a French Pedicure if you life. Finish off with a top coat to help the colour stay longer
For a similar post on Pedicure do check out my article on STYLECRAZE . . Click here